When it comes to streamlining your business, you sure do walk the walk; But do you talk the talk as well? Voice technology has been steadily gaining in popularity. From smart speakers to assistants, the capabilities of today’s voice recognition software are far more advanced than those of even just a few short years ago.
And while incorporating these capabilities into your day-to-day work (both internally and externally) may be a bit of a learning curve, you could discover that voice technology is just the solution you’ve been looking for.
Let’s take stock. Here’s what you need to know about voice technology.
Intro to Voice Tech
Voice technology refers to any software, products, or services that use voice recognition rather than manual entry to perform tasks. Voice recognition has been around in some shape or form since the 1950s but has only recently exploded onto consumer markets.
A relatively simple form of Artificial Intelligence, voice technology works by learning and analyzing language and speech patterns to respond to the user. This response can be a spoken answer or an action depending on the quality of the device and software.
Many of us use some form of voice technology on a regular basis. From scheduling appointments to finding directions, voice recognition is undeniably a part of our daily lives – but should it be a part of your professional life as well?
Varieties & Variations
Voice technology comes in many, many forms. Some of the most popular versions of voice tech available for professional use available today are:
- Appointment Schedulers
- Voice Receptionist
- Office Assistants
- Search Options
- Chatbots and Digital User Interface
Brands currently offering professional voice recognition technology include:
- Google Live Transcribe
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Assistant
Weighing the Pros & Cons
Some of the benefits of voice technology include:
- Intuitive Interfaces – Voice tech is incredibly easy to use. Most of voice interfaces are extremely intuitive, making learning a breeze for both employees and customers.
- Scalable Options – Voice comes in a variety of devices, software, and plans – allowing your technology to grow with you.
- Readily Available – There are many voice options on the market right now that you could easily implement in your workday.
- Speedy and Efficient – Voice search and other capabilities deliver quick, reliable results.
- Constant Improvements – The future of voice technology is very bright. Developers are constantly implementing new improvements and updates to help streamline your business.
Cons to voice technology you should consider:
- Old Habits Die Hard – People like what they like! Switching to voice in any capacity might prove difficult when it comes to your habits.
- Not All Voice Tech is Created Equal – Finding the right voice technology for you is key.
- Ecosystem Compatibility – Before introducing a new piece of technology into your ecosystem, ensure that it is compatible with your other machines and software.
- Margin of Error – Like most things, voice tech isn’t perfect. Errors should be expected.
Manage Your Technology with EMPIST
Ultimately, the decision to use – or not use – voice technology within your business is entirely yours; But you don’t have to manage it alone.
At EMPIST, we know tech so you don’t have to. We help businesses like yours manage their technology, services, and end-users each and every day so that you have time to worry about the big stuff. To learn more about how EMPIST can help manage your IT, visit us online, today.